The other day my daughter Laura saw that I had “likeed a picture by Pillsbury Baking and she sent me a msg tagging the photo “Mom I saw that you “liked” this picture, could you please make them for me?” So I went back to the picture (because I hadnt really paid attention to it the first time!) These cookies were a store bought snickerdoodle dough with added butter and Vanilla, then rolled in the cinnamon and sugar. I couldn’t make them that way! So I went in search of a light Snickerdoodle recipe! Of course I looked at 1000! So I have No idea which one I used!!! Phew!!! I did remember I used the lightened version in the www.bettycrocker.com cookbook They came out AMAZING!!! Like I knew they would. I also used an all natural Hazelnut cocoa spread that I found in the grocery store www.hannafords.com Mmm… just like Nutella BUT all natural and 1/2 the price! Who would guess? So anyhow, I made the cookies from scratch And used the all natural nutella Lot’s of yummy goodness going on here! Enjoy P.S I reduced the sugar by 1/4 a cup but used 2 whole eggs instead of using 1 egg and 1 egg white! All else is the same
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces (1/2 a pkg) reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cinnamon and sugar mix for rolling
- Heat oven to 400° F. cover baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix the sugar, butter, creem cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the Cinnamon sugar mix. Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets
- Press down a well into the middle of the cookie,
- Bake for 6 Minutes and then take out of the oven.
- In a frosting bag with a frosting tip, place Hazelnut spread or Nutella into the bag.
- Press with the back of a tsp into the middle of each cookie to remake the well.
- squeeze a teaspoon of the Hazelnut spread into the well making a pretty twirl!
- Place Back into the oven and cook for a another 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on pan ontop of a wire rack